Thursday, April 19, 2012

House Hunting Continues

House hunting is definitely an emotional roller coaster!  You fall in love with a house but its not a guarantee you will get it. It's a long waiting game - well torture game. You would think a bank would want to make the money and get rid of the house but instead it seems to be on the backburner. AND then you have those realtors who make it a game, dangling an awesome home over several potential homeowners and investors. I know its a game of free market but how can I even compete when I cannot pay as much as others. Are you going to deny me a good house in a good neighborhood because I don't have the income? And by good I don't mean a pool, huge yard, and fancy cars... I am talking about safe, no shootings, no flood plain, etc. This first time home buyer is getting discouraged being outbid by investors and having houses taken from under my feet.

We put an offer on a house.. cute little place with a small but private back yard. I know we had to be one of the first to put an offer but you know how it goes.. The Realtor is waiting to receive offers to essentially choose the best. Should you not at least consider the offers that came in first?

It's a double edged sword. Scott and I are frustrated enough but it is a lesson in trust as well. God will provide. He has the right house for us and we have to have patience and trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment