Thursday, April 12, 2012

Support One Another

One thing couples struggle with is the concept of I instead of Team. It is not all about you or me it's about WE! Well part of being a team is being supportive of each other. I took a bold step in applying for Teach for America. If you know anything about the program, it has A LOT of uncertainty. I submitted my resignation letter in February to leave in May. And I applied for a job for fall in March, though I may not hear if I even have a job until Fall semester starts. I essentially will be teaching for free over the summer and paying for family housing with no income guaranteed. It is really nerve wracking and on top of that few people, especially parents, are not exactly the most supportive of the uncertainty. It takes a lot of trust in God on my part that I am doing the right thing and a lot of trust in me from Scott. This trust alone can only be shown in a marriage, in love. I will never truly be able to understand his devotion but I will always try to do the same for him. I know I don't give myself enough credit for what I do, but it scares me to think about teaching in front students. To think their futures are in my hands, that anything and everything I do will sway them for good or worse. I hope for the first however only time will tell. It scares me but it motivates me to do even more, to be better. To do more for them and to be the best. I think his support goes deep enough to trust in God that everything will work out but to also know that I will be a great teacher.. I think he thinks its what I am meant to be and it is humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment